OSWEGO, N.Y. - Four Oswego State pitchers combined to no-hit Clarkson in the second game of a doubleheader and Kieran Finnegan pitched a complete game for the 4-1 decision in the opener to fuel the sweep on Wednesday afternoon.
- Game 1 Final Score: Oswego 4, Clarkson 1
- Game 2 Final Score: Oswego 10, Clarkson 0
- Location: Laker Baseball Field - Oswego, N.Y.
- Records: Oswego 17-8 | Clarkson 11-9
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Both teams scored a run in the first inning with Oswego's coming by way of singles by Paul Tammaro and Lukas Olsson. Tammaro was able to advance into scoring position on a Ryan Enos groundout.
- Olsson stole both second and third to move himself into scoring position but a pop out ended the threat.
- Oswego added another run in the bottom of the second inning when Nick Chilson singled and scored on Rocco Leone's triple in the next at-bat.
- Chilson homered in the top of the fourth to add the third Oswego run and Enos would score in the fifth after reaching on error, stealing second and coming around on a Mike Dellicarri single.
- Finnegan (2-1) was sharp on the mound for the Lakers, allowing just four hits while striking out seven in the contest.
- Just like the first game, the Oswego offense got going right away in the first inning.
- Enos lined a one-out single to center field and stole second. After Dellicarri walked to get aboard, Olsson smacked a double to left center to score both runners and ended up on third when Clarkson failed to throw out Dellicari at home.
- Brandon Nicholson would plate Olsson with a sacrifice fly to make it 3-0 after one inning.
- Oswego added a run in the bottom of the second on a single by Leone and a RBI-double by Dellicarri.
- In the third, Nicholson would single, steal a pair of bases, and score on a Justin Troelstra single to make it 5-0.
- Dellicarri made it four straight innings with runs when he homered to score Leone who had been hit by a pitch in the fourth.
- The last of the Laker runs came in the sixth inning as they loaded the bases when Frank Levanti was hit by a pitch, Enos walked, and Dellicarri singled. Myles Felton walked to bring a run in, Enos scored on a passed ball and Casey Gruarin hit a sacrifice fly to make the lead 10-0.
- Matt Bowman kicked off the no-hitter with an inning of work and Jake Jacobs took the next three while striking out five.
- Erik Dusseldorp pitched two innings and struck out four batters with Matt Zakala finishing it off with two strikeouts in the seventh inning.
- This was the seventh no-hit shutout in Oswego Baseball history and the first since 1984.
- Dellicarri was 3-for-3 in the contest and was a triple short of the cycle.
The Lakers are back in action at 3 p.m. on Friday as they host Oneonta in SUNYAC action.