FORT PIERCE, Fla. - The offense continues to fire on all cylinders for the Hood College baseball team. The Blazers scored in double figures for the eighth straight game and extended their program-best win streak to 13 games with a 13-6 win over Western Connecticut State.
Inside the Box Score
- Hood scored 13 runs on just nine hits, using 12 bases on balls to make up the difference.
- Daniel Shepherd scored three times via a single and two walks.
- Jordan Patterson went 2 for 4 with three RBIs, walked once and scored twice. He also pitched two scoreless innings to close the game.
- Cam Esposito and Wayne Baldwin had two hits apiece. Baldwin walked twice, as did Dylan Johnson.
- Ryan Atkinson, Ryan D'Allesandro, Connor Henniges, Jake Howell and Patterson combined for the win on the mound.
How it Happened
- Trailing 1-0, Hood scored four runs in the fourth to take the lead. Drake Friend gave the Blazers the lead with a two-run single. He scored Hood's final run of the inning on a passed ball.
- Four different players drove in runs for the Colonials in the fifth and sixth innings as they took a 5-4 lead.
- Hood answered with a five-run bottom of the sixth to take the lead for good. Baldwin drew a bases-loaded walk to tie the game with no outs. Patterson followed with a two-run single and a run-scoring hit by Esposito made it 8-5. Patterson scored on an error to give the Blazers a five-run lead.
- After Western Connecticut scored once in the top of the seventh, Hood scored three in the bottom of the inning and one more eighth to seal the win.
- Matt Mancini had a game-high three hits.
- Brett Shaw George Bielizna and Moe Echevarria had two hits each.
Hood takes a day off before playing its Middle Atlantic Conference opening doubleheader against Messiah on Thursday, March 15 in Fort Pierce, Florida.